What It Is
A diet that aids in stool formation. It is recommended for loose bowel movement.
This diet is a combination of the low-residue, low fiber and low-fat diets. Restriction is based on the severity of loose bowel movement. Restriction in fat is important, because fat contributes in lubrication. Restriction in fiber is also important because fiber and residue make stool soft and watery.
- Eat low-cellulose vegetables. Avoid fatty meats.
- Avoid leafy vegetables and high-fiber fruits temporarily.
- Eat more bananas, apples and star apples. They make stool firm.
- Eat small frequent meals.
- Drink more liquids. Boil water before drinking.
- Drink strained juice or fat-free broths as desired.
- Add salt and sugar in diet. They prevent electrolyte imbalance.
- Avoid milk for at least 2 days.
- Gradually changes from constipating diet to usual diet.